A Sustainable Future
The Fine Bedding Company have a vision for a sustainable future that is the heart of the business. The vision is built with a foundation of four pillars:
- Sustainable Products: their microfiber duvet fillings use 25% less polyester than their competitor’s products. In 2018, 38% of the polyester used in their products was sourced from recycled products.1 Plus, most of their cotton is sourced through Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) sources. The BCI is the largest cotton sustainability programme in the world, and they provide training on sustainable farming practices to more than two million cotton farmers in twenty-one countries.
- Responsible Sourcing: The Fine Bedding Company select their suppliers carefully, with high priority placed on fair working conditions with all their tier-one suppliers undergoing audits.
- Operations: they aim to reduce the environmental footprint of their operations. Their duvets have a 19% lower carbon footprint than the industry standard. Plus, 90% of their waste is recycled!2
- Community: their positive effect on the local community and economy in Estonia was recognised with the West-Viru county Silver Medal Award.
The Fine Bedding Company are also committed to compassionate manufacturing through responsible sourcing that still guarantees quality. They independently audit their suppliers for no live plucking and no force feeding. The Fine Bedding Company are proud to be the first bedding company in the UK to carry the Downpass seal. This certifies that their products are:
- Guaranteed quality
- Tested to meet their claims
- Responsibly and ethically sourced
- Incurred no live plucking
- Are by-products of the food industry (like leather and wool)
- Fully traceable